To comply with health and safety regulations, the following standards should be maintained when operating Kluge equipment:
- It is not feasible to bring presses manufactured prior to 1960 into safety compliance and should be removed from operation.
- Presses manufactured between 1960 and 1986 must be brought into compliance with current ANSI and OSHA health and safety regulations.
- All presses manufactured 1986 to present have been built to comply with all present ANSI and OSHA health and safety regulations.
- A Kluge press should never be hand fed.
- A Kluge press should never be operated without proper point of operation guarding in place.
Any Kluge press that does not meet these standards should be removed from operation, until the regulations can be met.
The EHD Series Safety Upgrade Package booklet is available for download from the EHD product page.