Often called “the workhorse of the industry”, the Kluge EHD is already a legend. Featuring speeds up to 3,300 impressions per hour, the EHD now comes with delayed delivery allowing it to accommodate sheets up to 17″x 24.75″ (431mm x 628mm), with up to 40 square inches of die area. Kluge’s patented Delayed Dwell technology allows the EHD to start on impression sooner, bottom out, and remain on impression longer doubling impression time with no loss of production speed and assuring flawless foil separation from the stock. A new, optional, freestanding mobile electronics console puts all press operations in one place for easy access. The same console can also serve as a workstation and toolbox.
Rugged, dependable and simple to operate, the EHD is known for providing years of reliable service in foil stamping, embossing and die cutting, and for over 25 years has been the standard by which all presses in its class are measured.
All Kluge presses can be supplied with the electrical specification of your country.
- With vacuum operated feed arm for smooth feeding of a wide range of stock types and thicknesses
- Delayed Delivery – Allows stock greater than 14″ to be run on the EHD
- Micro Adjustable Gauge Band – Precisely adjust the gauge band for sheet placement
- Feed Without Impression Control – Allows setup of feed and delivery without risking valuable dies and wasting expensive foil
- Impression counter – Will only count the number of impressins for easy totalling of completed stock
- Rotary Vacuum Pump – Allows independent control of the delivery vacuum
- Auto Lubrication System – Provides hands off worry free lubrication of critical press bearings
- Three-Nozzle Air Blast Foil Release – Separates foil web from the stock for improved product quality and increased productivity (requires separate compressor or air system)
- Complete Guarding with Electric Interlock System – Meets rigorous safety standards yet provides access to press
- Variable Speed Control – Control press speed with greater accuracy
- Filler Plate – Replacement for die heating plate when die cutting
- Missed Sheet Detector – Prevents die, make-ready and press damage
- Foil Detector – Stops the press when a roll of foil is empty
- Greeting Cards
- Pocket Folders
- Report Covers
- Paperback/Case bound Book Covers
- Security Printing
- Business Cards
- Die Cutting/Kiss Cutting
|Platen size||14″ x 22″||356 x 559 mm|
|Minimum sheet size||4″ x 5″||102 x 127 mm|
|Maximum sheet size*||17″ x 24.75″||431 x 628 mm|
|Magazine Capacity||14″”||356 mm|
|Delivery Capacity||14″||356 mm|
|Air||90 psi @ 10cfm|
|Stock range||Onion Skin to .200″ board|
|Inside Chase Dimensions||14″ x 22″||356 x 559 mm|
|Outside Chase Dimensions||16.25″ x 23.5″||413 x 597 mm|
|Main and Back Shaft Diameter||4.375″||111 mm|
|Maximum operating speed||3,300 iph|
|Machine power required||3 h.p., A.C. 230/460 volt, 3 phase, 1800 rpm, 60 cycle|
|Machine dimensions||74″ x 50″ x 68″||1880 x 1270 x 1727 mm|
|Net weight (approx.)||4400 lbs||1996 kg|
|Total weight (approx.)||5000 lbs||2268 kg|
*Delayed Delivery is now standard on new EHD presses allowing for sheet sizes greater than 14″. The optional Wide Magazine upgrade increases the maximum sheet width to 26.25″.
Download product literature for the EHD Series Press.
FSEA – The Designer’s Guide to Foil Stamping & Embossing
The User’s Guide to Hologram Stamping
What’s the Difference Between an EHD and an EHF?
In general, the Kluge EHF Series Press has many more standard features than the EHD Series. This gives the EHF greater and more efficient foil stamping, embossing & die cutting capabilities on both short and long run print jobs.
The table below provides an overview of the differences between the EHD and EHF Presses.
Contact Kluge for further information on these presses.
|Missed Sheet Detector||X||X|
|Micro-Adjustable Bottom Gauge Band||X||X|
|Variable Speed Control||X||X|
|Electronic Foil Control System||X||X|
|Dual Foil Rewind||X||N/A||N/A|
|Grid Etched Lightweight Toggle Base||X||X|
|Lockout Delayed Dwell system||X||X|
|Reversible Register Cam||X||X|